Wednesday, October 22, 2008

2 weeks in the life of me...

I have so much to say…. And never get online to blog!! Oops, sorry. I know that means I don’t get to talk to the awesome people online ever either. Trust me, I’m thinking about you guys and wishing you could be here with me having loads of fun too! Well, now my computer won’t turn on. Not sure if its my cord or whatnot but its rather annoying…so the lil bit I am home I can’t get on!

Well. Not sure what I’ve blogged about or not (I’m writing this at work without looking). So I’ll just describe a few things.

My work: I work at New Zealand Transport Agency. I sit at the reception desk, however I don’t answer phones. I’m more of an admin person. I process all the mail, send for police vettings, input and track lots of different things. Grant transport service licences, and P endorsements, etc. Then I also work with the Taxi Enforcement officers and log all of their checks. I make up the warning and ticket letters, file, etc. My official title (besides temp!) is CRTA, Commercial Road Transport Administrator. Well, I guess my payslip says receptionist but no one thinks that. Blah. I work M-F 8:30-5…or there abouts. Its awesome and downtown and only a few min walk. I’ve been good and bringing food to eat here…so I don’t walk around the corner and buy lunch!

Hmmm, about my social life. I’m playing volleyball with a team (adult league) on Wednesday nights and Sunday afternoons. I’ve looked into swimming and hopefully will stop in every now and then to do that. I’m ALWAYS with Amy or Pete. Amy lives around the corner so that’s quite convient! We make dinner together most of the nights (it saves money to cook for two!).


Two weekends ago. Friday night those of us that went to Ohakune had a carrot night. We made carrot soup, banana carrot muffins, oatmeal carrot cookies, carrot cake, and hummus for carrots. And massive amounts of it all (remember we had a 10 KG bag!) That night was a lot of fun. Then I headed over to Malena’s house for a lil gathering as she’s travelling for the next 8 weeks or so. Sat I slept in! Yay! Can’t remember what else I did that day. Oh, went jean shopping. I had thrown two pairs away coming here from Tairua and my only others had holes (one a huge one in the butt that made them unusable). Sat night was a CARROT party. Everyone loved our food and the cool people had on orange (ok, mine was very reddish orange.. but in the store it looked like dark orange!) Sun I slept in again, played Volleyball, and Pete and I played lacrosse in the field after. Then we went to the water front and rollerbladed for a bit. Then it was to Amy’s for a bbq dinner.

Umm, last weekend I…. Friday night was game night. We had some games, dinner, wine and spa. I crashed pretty early as I was exhausted from not sleeping the night before. Malcolm and Amy had to drag me to the car I was so tired!! Saturday I think was a lazy day. It was nice to lounge around and do nothing…but then I felt like I wasted the day. IT was the first lounge and do nothing day I’ve had in ages! Sat afternoon I tidied up a lil more for the potluck Malcolm was having. Then it was time for the CS potluck at our place… as a going away since he’s leaving. Then it was over to a flat warming CS party around the corner. Sunday morning I got up (even though I wanted to sleep!) and went to breakfast with Alex, Saul, Andreas, Jay and Amy since we couldn’t go Kayaking yet. Then we went over and they allowed us to go in 2s for only an hour….since it was ‘windy on the water!’ Umm, it was SOOO calm. We decided that if they wouldn’t rent them to us with that weather they must never rent them out because its WINDY WELLY! That was fun. Then we sat around on the steps and laughed at the paddle boaters and had some gelato! Then Jay and I went and bought volleyball. Played volleyball. Afterwards Pete and I walked from his house down to Scorching Bay and played lacrosse a bit again. Again, I cracked the stick and it became impossible. Then I stared at the people in the ‘fishbowl’ house because it looked familiar…turns out it was Saul and Alex, so we went in for a beer. Then walked back up the hill.. made dinner and watched a movie.

I’m always doing something it seems like. I LOVE IT! The days pretty much blur together.. I can’t believe I only have 4 months left in Wellington. It makes me sad. The weather overall has been really enjoyable and I can handle the shit days because I know there are more good ones to come!

Umm. Malcolm leaves Labour day (this coming Monday) to go back to the States, so I’m looking for a flat. I’ll post more about that in the coming days.

I’ll also add some pics of all the awesome things I’ve been up to.

Coming up: Julie moves and Halloween Party at San Fran Bath House (excited about my costume!), and Labour Day three day weekend!

2 comments:

sarah tangataevaha said...

isn't that a funny picture of naomi. i told her that we were going to say a prayer, and she was waiting for it.

sarah tangataevaha said...

I just wanted to say hi and see how you are. i read that you have friends visiting you, how fun! love ya!!!!