Saturday, May 15, 2010

London Living

My time spent in London... has been really boring.

Literally, I sleep in, maybe meet up with Pete, do laundry, talk to pete about our nights plans, maybe watch scrubs, meeting up with others for lunch, bus/day trips to see Australian coworkers and sometimes I even get online to look up all the stuff I need to get done. Oh, I've seen 2 movies during the last 2 weeks, gone to a CS meet up, work drinks with Pete... basically we seem to do stuff at night... well, at least meet up and do dinner. Its sad when dinner is cheaper to do out (cuz he has a two for one at a lot of places) and my food is so expensive... and that way we can do stuff... since he works so late. Last weekend consisted of: sleeping in, making a really late brunch, Portobello Market, sitting around while Pete fixed a computer (That was torture as it turned into 8 hours.. and I would've done something but no one though it'd take that long), making a curry, going to sleep cuz Pete played xbox games with his brother in NY ... sleeping in, walking along the riverfront, showing Pete the Tower of London and Tower Hill (which we didn't go in), a fair trade fair, a trip to starbucks, the Tate Modern, and then a tube ride home.

Its been SOOOO cold, dreary and miserable that I haven't done much. The last thing i've wanted to do is walk around and get all down from the weather... i'm really affected by it.

So TODAY, turns out, the one day I told myself I'm ACTUALLy going to research the gazillion things I need to do... and not wonder around the neighborhood in circles (i seem to visit each of the grocery stores, often)... the sun decides to shine! Instead of going out into it though...i sucked it up and sat next to the windows while doing all my research! At least I got a bit done....and got a trim... which feels like a huge haircut. Maybe should've actually gotten more taken off and actually styled. Oh well.

Tonight is movie night. I'm gonna make nachos and watch a movie. And get up early tomorrow and spend my last weekend enjoying London. Maybe. Hopefully they'll be a bit of sun out!

I think i'm a sad London visitor... except I feel just like a Londoner... someone who isn't out to 'site see' and just lives their day to day lives in and around London. In the end.. I've seen and done more than Pete has... so I'm just enoying hanging out and visiting!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Sounds like you are getting every bit out of your adventure as I read your blogs. I enjoy them sooooo much! Miss you lots!! Where are you of to next?