Thursday, May 13, 2010

Cham Am to London

Well... I had quite the long adventure to end my SE Asia trip and arrive in London!

*3 hour bus trip Cha Am to Bangkok
*2 hour wait on the side of the road for supposed airport bus (that never came)
*45 min taxi ride to airport
*check in and 3 hour wait at airport
*most horrendous 10 hour flight to Cairo (words can't describe how horrific this was.. so I'll just not even attempt)
*5 hour layover in Cairo
*5 1/2 hour flight
*45 mins through security, getting bag, walk to tube
*30 min tube ride to Pete's
*2 hours: shower, get new sim card
*1 1/2 hours: tube/train ride to Rainham, Kent to David's
*3 hours to sort through all my crap (sooo much!)
*1 1/2 hour train/tube ride back to pete's in London

During that journey.... I slept:
*1 hour on flight from Bangkok to Cairo (ugh, again, I'm going to NOT mention how horrific this flight was!)
*1 1/2 hours during layover
*the BEST 20 min nap on Cairo to London flight (seriously, cat naps sometimes are sooo much more restful!)

I was super exhausted by the time I made it back to Pete's!

I had made note that I started my JOURNEY (that doesn't include the gettting up, time spent ath beach, etc that day) at 9am London time on TUESDAY and collapsed (literally after walking in the door, putting jammies on and brushing my teeth!) into bed at 11:45 WEDNESDAY night!

The stupid thing was.. I was wide awake the next morning... because my body thought it was the afternoon. However, jet lag hit me the next day or two (thrown in with the flight to Holland, another time change, etc)!

No comments: