Thursday, September 11, 2008

2 days temping

First two days of temping...

I'm calling people that paid Site Safe in 2007 and enquiring about their payments. The only info I have is whatever the direct deposit said (usually not even a full company name), a date, and an amount. Its been fun to try to track down the invoice/reference numbers. People are laughing because I'm calling about stufff that is so old! I'm sure I would too.

They thought I'd have to call each individual branch in the database for a lot of companies (because the info doesn't say which one the deposit was for) but I've cut out the million phone calls and been figuring out the corporate headquarters numbers (for ones where there is a million) and jut been talking to accounts payable that way.... as they have the info for the branches! Its made life a little easier.

Its gonna be fun next week when all I have are account numbers from banks.. I really don't think some of it can ever be tracked.. it'll just sit there forever!

I love it.. one company said today. If its extra, (they believe they made two payments) because one hadn't processed, to just put it into the companies social fun, because the accounts person doesn't want to deal with it... since its so old! He also said I had a great kiwi accent... ummm... yeah, i don't have a kiwi accent. He was pretty friendly.

Today was much better than yesterday.. which took forever! Wish me luck in loooking for a full time real job.

Ok, thats all! Have a great day!

No comments: