Monday, September 08, 2008

The end (with added pics)















wow.. where do I begin??

I'll make this blog about the end of my time in Tairua. (and then do another one about the move)


So.. I can't believe how fast the 6 months went. It was so crazy fast. Literally. The last few days where nice weather so we got to spend some time outside... yay!!! Took the kids to the park (and on the way got ice cream) on my last day. And got some cute pics.

Friday was another sunny sunny day... Belinda treated me to a great lunch at a cafe and then I worked on some CV stuff and then it was time to leave with Des.

The weekend was spent in Whitianga having fun at the Scallop Festival.

Friday night we had some people at the Bach and drank a bit... and called it a night pretty early. Got up super early the next day.. and it was raining!! So yup.. scallop fest in the rain!!
Haha, the volunteer time went so fast it was crazy. At about 12:20 I finished, to find a soaking wet backpack (in the motorhome shower!) but that was quickly taken care of because I got my 6 pack of beer! I think drank 4 in about 30 mins...and then just hung out and drank beers for the rest of the day. Eventually went to Subway. Waited in line for the toilets... and it was forever long.. the second time... i went in the mens!

We left around 5 to go to the bar.. and more drinking and hanging out. So... eventually I was pretty tired (it was only 7!) and hungry and not wanting to buy food or drinks.. so I thought, hey, if i walk back to the bach there is loads of food there!

So we walk back... and I take a bite of an apple.. and it was too much effort! I was falling asleep on the couch and a few mins later other people started coming. I eventually made the bed and was out by 8! It was sad. I wasn't passed out drunk I was just exhausted!!

So Sunday was clean up and then back to Tairua! We watched the movie and just chilled. Great low key day! I got a great kiwi cookbook with some great pics in it of the kids (some doing baking!) and of the recipes I'd tried while I was there!!

Oh... great news.. Oscar is walking.. that was teh goal when I went.. to have him walking by the time I left! First it was the bike.. and then walking! YAY! He still won't say Julie though. I will here it eventually!!

Yeah, so I can't believe that I've already been away a week. Its pretty crazy. I watched the video I made again... (well part of it on friday before I went to sleep exhausted.. again at 9! with the 'semi-roommate'). I already miss the kids so much. Its crazy when you're with people so much how the little things... like the hugs you miss!! So I'm already talking to people here about planning a road trip in the summer... or during the Pohutaka (ok, i've no clue how to spell that and not looking it up!!) fest! or whenever!!

Anyways. I loved my time with the Belinda, Carl, Bella and Oscar! I had a blast and can't believe how fast it passed. And yeah, not getting emotional!!

1 comment:

Lena said...

YAY that sounds like lots of fun! its crazy how fast the time goes by... I can't believe its been over 6 months since i saw you last...