Wednesday, August 06, 2008

On the run

Funny story!!

Oh, so the other day.. it was pouring.. and i said "oh, i'm gonna run to the store" and Bella looks at me and says "why don't you take the car so you don't get wet."

...and then yesterday on the way to playcentre... Belinda mentioned she forgot something, so I asked "if she wanted me to run back and get it"and she was like, "run, oh that good ol American expression again" cuz that time she thought i was serious.

Its funny how such a simple expression that we use is literally taken to a 4 year old when they don't hear it all the time. Well, for that matter. Do American kids take the expression literally too? I dunno, we run errands, run to the store, we are always on the run..

...Gotta LOVE the English language... no wonder no one wants to learn it... its so confusing sometimes living in another Country (where we speak the same language, yet its so different- England and New Zealand from us)... did I ever tell you about the icing sugar/POWDERED sugar incident?... oh, and Porridge (uh know...that the three little bears eat) is really oatmeal? I was disappointed when I found that out!

Ok, there is my random thought for the afternoon. And Oscar is having a GREAT sleep... which is good since he's being grizzly as heck lately!!! UGh, did I curse myself typing that, I just heard him. Later gator...

No comments: