Monday, April 26, 2010

Cha Am, the Thai Beach

Ok, so I picked Cha am as my last place in Thailand because I knew it was a place Thai's came to the beach for the weekend. I knew I could get a proper cultural beach experience instead of one in Phuket or any of the other islands geared towards tourists.

However, I've now been here for 1 1/2 days and only left my room for a total of an hour. I've been sick as a dog :-( Not felt this bad in a LONG LONG time.

After my nap got up and went for a walk. That was great. Walked up the south and north streets. only 'white' people I saw were obviously with Thai people. I enjoyed that. usually I'd attempt to talk, make friends, etc. Except I felt crap. My stomach hurt and turning, I was bloated I ached, had a stuffy head, and oh, my body was still hurting in random places from the fall. I had dinner and promptly came back to bed... well my room anyways.

I've been stuck in my room with a case of not being able to leave the toilet for more than a VERY short period of time. Not sure if i ate something bad, got whatever everyone on the last few buses seemed to have, had gluten in food somehow, or what. But OH MY GOODNESS. My stomach has been hurting... soo much. My head is stuffy. My tummy is turning. Its crampy and icky.

I'm sooo thankful that I 'splurged' on the room with AC. Actually, turns out while it is douple to triple what I'd been paying the rest of my trip its actually cheap for the town.

So today, I've laid in bed and watched the same 3 episodes of Monk, SVU, and I cant even remember now... felt sorry for myself for not being able to leave the room for more than 5 mins.

I've tried. I've walked to the beach... road... thats as far as I made it before having to turn around. I got dinner to go. I've felt more sorry for myself. Then glad.... because I have a huge day of travel coming up and glad its happening now and not in 2 days. Then felt pissed off because I've been at the 'beach' for 2 days and yet to actually walk on the becah. (ok, i knew yesterday would probably be a write off after 3 night buses in 1 week but come on, two days!)

I'm determined to take as much Immodium as it takes to let me leave the room tomorrow. Ok, that may not be technically smart but it didn't work today.... it cant go on for two days, can it? Oh, and since about mid day i've been throwing up too. Lovely.

Come on body... rid yourself of this bad stuff so I can enjoy the beautiful sunny beach tomorrow!!! Please, I beg of you.

Well, while i feel guilty for wasting time indoors when there is so much to see, what can i do if my body decides its had enough!?!!!

No comments: