Friday, February 18, 2011

Strength

I am a strong, independent woman. No one will ever take that away from me!

So... why do I sometimes forget and let people? Why do I allow people to get under my skin or get close to people that I KNOW are bad news?

The hardest thing about the continuous travel I've done for almost 4 years is always starting over. Each time I decide to go to a new location, start a new job, or even travel for a couple days... i'm starting anew: no friends, no knowledge of the location and typically no money!

Sometimes I'm a sucker for a quick friend. Once said friend is established I'll attach myself and ignore others. Even if I realize right away that said friend is all bad, not up to my level (not to sound stuck up... but I know what I mean!), and/or is making me depressed. What I don't understand is after that understanding why I continue to spend my time with them and ignore others who are trying to be my friends.

I would say its for companionship. Sometimes its nice to make one good friend to spend time with then a bunch of 'friends'. Even though sometimes I miss out on lots of friends, sometimes it pays off. Sometimes it doesn't!

Yup, sometimes it also comes back to bite me in the behind. But... what can I say. Sometimes we all walk down the wrong paths... the important thing is to figure it out and skip over to the right path, singing some lovely tunes.. and then realize that smile and happiness was right there the whole time... and those people left around are the people worth your friendship

"A friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future, and accepts you just the way you are." Unknown

"No man can be happy without a friend, nor be sure of his friend until he is unhappy." Thomas Fuller

THANK YOU SO MUCH TO ALL MY FRIENDS OUT THERE. I know sometimes I'm a needy friend, or a long lost friend.... but I hope you know I'll always be there (even if its just a skype chat) if you need me too! Love you and miss you all!!

"Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget." Unknown

No comments: