Saturday, June 14, 2008

Another great Sat

Belinda has been telling me to walk up Paku since I've been here.. and I've been to lazy to do it! Plus, its a path that needs showing more or less around the houses since it disappears.

June 7th, while Grandpa took Bella and Oscar to the park Belinda and I started our walk. Man, I'm out of shape. I'm sure she didn't believe that I did the walk the week before, and it was harder! This one really got to me!

I got a side stomach cramp 1/2 to 3/4 the way up and had to do the rest with it. ARGH!

Here's the two halves of Tairua-cut off by a bridge for when the tides in- (through a tree), and part of Pauanui (the town across the water way), Tairua beach, and Paku (when the tide was out taken another day).





When I get back from Tonga I'm going to do the walk (without the summit part thats really muddy and slippery 3 times a week). I want to be able to do the hill and stairs without dying!

1 comment:

Lena said...

YAY you... Good luck with the hike 3 times a week... i need to start walking more..