Thursday, June 26, 2008

the LAST TIME

And so it begins.

I'm starting TODAY to get in shape. Instead of focusing on losing weight (which I want to do) I'm going to focus on GETTING IN SHAPE. This is going to be the last time I have to Get into shape. I miss being able to do all the sports and everything I used to do without dying for a breath!

I've decided that on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays (or Saturdays) I'm going to walk up Paku or do a 30 min workout (building up 5 mins a week) in the Rugby field (or maybe go for a tramp, etc).

I will not let the rain stop me... as I've got a rain jacket now! yay!

Alexis was working out in the field behind her house and it made me realize I could do the same thing. While I'd rather have a gym and elliptical machine, I'm going to make it work. Yay for Andrews workout for his wife, it gave me some ideas!!

All this being said, today is SOOO windy you can barely walk outside, its a little crazy. And my ankle is really hurting today (the worst its been since I sprained it), so that all being said, I'm just going to do a walk for 30-40 mins with running for 1 minute every 10-15 mins (doesn't sound like much, but I'm that out of shape!) I don't want to push it and hurt it worse since I have to walk all day tomorrow on the field trip.

The plan is to concentrate on the excersice and then let the food follow. Usually I focus on the eating first and then the working out but I need and want to do it the other way. Its not my weight that bothers me so much as the fact I am crazy out of shape!!!

Ok, wish me luck. I'll keep everyone updated

No comments: