Friday, June 13, 2008

Windy Welly

Well...as the saying goes, "You can't beat Wellington on a good day." I wasn't there on a great day but I still LOVED it!

I traveled all day on Thursday and got to Wellington where I was picked up by Malcolm!After driving me around his town and showing me his humble abode we headed out for some vegetarian food, drinks at Blend, then some drinks at the Irish bar (where we heard a great band)!






Friday I had loads planned but I woke up and could tell it was going to rain because I had a MASSIVE migraine. SO instead I slept, all day. Eventually it went away and I was able to get up and go get shoes! I bought some pizza and we went to the Hurricanes Rugby-in the massive rain! We were SOAKED when we walked back, because the rain blows sideways! I got to change and then we went out to LOADS of bars in the rain!!








Sat we slept in! Walked down the street to starbucks and then went to the Beehive to do a tour. Those not in the 'know' the Beehive is like the Capital and white house combined. I went to the Ta Papa and then met up with Malcolm at the Arizona for dinner (curteousy of Ricky!) Then we went back and glammed up for the night.. (ok, well, I did! Then it was on to LOADS more bars... the goal was 12 for the week, I picked a number between 1 and 15 on friday, oops! It was funny because we met up with Lance and he was wasted and that turned into a scene. Malcolm got pretty trashed too. Pete walked me back and we stayed up and talked and eventually I crashed.







Sunday was more sleeping in (except I really laid in bed being cold). Pete and I met up for lunch. Then we went to the Couchsurfing Bowlerama! Yay, that was loads of fun! Met some of the Welly CSers! They are a great group! Went back to Blend (had to see the hot manager, and say bye to Martin!) Talked to Angelina and Malcolm til he left at midnight to go out drinking.










Got up bright and early Monday to get ready for the 12 hour trek back to Tairua. Drive to airport. Flight. Bus back to skycity (bus terminal in Auckland), bus to Thames, wait in thames for a few hours then hour drive back to Tairua. :-)

I LOVE LOVE LOVED IT! I Had so much fun and enjoyed everything about it. All I did was drink and sleep though...and didn't take too many pics (surprisingly enough). haha, it was a much needed escape from life in Tairua. I decided after the first night when I realized that it was a small town but big (like SF and London, but smaller) that I was going to move there after August for the rest of the time i'm in NZ. So... thats it. I loved it. I can't wait to explore the rest of Welly. It was great, met amazing people and hope to meet loads more when I go back (and that those I met still remember me!)

2 comments:

Heather said...

Love pics they are sooooo YOU

Lena said...

You are hilarious.. i love the pictures and YAY for finding a new home after August in NZ... Looks like you had tons of fun there