Saturday, June 14, 2008

lynch stream

Well, I've been saying for awhile that I want to start hiking.

So on Friday, May 30th I woke up and it was a nice day out so I decided I'd go for a hike. There's a spot about a 10-15 min drive away and I could borrow the car. I found it and saw the two signs. One was for 1 1/2 hour and the other was for 2 1/2 hour tramps. Well, at that point I wasn't sure if I had time to do the longer one because I wasn't sure if I was going to pic up Oscar or not so I decided to do the shorter one (plus, I'm out of shape, right!).

Well, turns out, I ended up on the Lynch Stream track which was the 2 1/2 hour trail. This literally was crossing back and forth over the stream (i lost track after 10 times) with no crossing, few rocks to jump on, muddy red, wet leaves, etc. It was loads of fun! There was loads of great scenery and little waterfalls though (tiny ones).

I decided about 1 1/2 hour in that I should turn around because I still wasn't sure exactly where I was the track (that was already really bad and pretty much gone in spots, remember its winter) looked like it narrowed EVEN more and it I didn't want to go down another hill if I was going to be stuck for time getting Oscar.

Well, I was doing good crossing back and forth, I had given up and walked through a couple times because it was literally impossible to cross or walk in the mud without sinking all the way in, etc. Well, about 1/2 way back up I totally FELL into the slipped and fell into the stream. Here is my sadface and wetness and a couple views of the hill and water. didn't get the camera out much.




Overall it was a great day. Looked it up after wards. It is advised for those in great shape -mod-extreme abilities! oops! I want to go back in the spring!

1 comment:

Lena said...

HAHA you fell in the stream... At least you are starting to walk and get into shape... It looks beautiful there though