Wednesday, July 09, 2008

30 before 30



As I sit here tonight, pondering my future, like I do every night I thought this list would be a great thing to write. Seeing as I'm half way through my twenty's it's the prefect timing.

It's a list of 30 THINGS I'M GOING TO DO BEFORE I'M 30!

And in reality, I'm only putting it out there for me...so I can add to it, keep looking at it when I'm down...and know what my dreams and goals are! I'm going to make it happen!! Anyone up for a trip (start saving!) or want to do one of them with me when I'm in your neck of the woods??


30 things to do before 30
(in no significant order)
1. Volunteer in Africa for at least ONE month
2. Get my Masters
3. Touch the pyramids and the sphinx (I fell in love in 6th grade, thx mom & Cindy)
4. Go skydiving
5. Get Scuba certified and do at least 3 dives after
6. See the Taj Mahal at sunrise
7. Volunteer in Cambodia (yes, they are BOTH on my list)
8. Get drunk at Oktoberfest in Munich
9. Live like a local for a month (in a less developed country)
10. Hike the Grand Canyon
11. Road trip Across the US
12. Trip around the world
13. Summit Mt. Everest-or at least 1 base camp! (LOFTY for my out-of-shape self, yes, I know!)
14. Swim with Sharks (what better way to get over my fear!)
15. Teach English Abroad
16. Go to the Olympics, 2012 with my mom
17. Week (or weekend) long road trip in a convertible with Lena blasting music!! (We've always talked about doing the PCH, but anywhere would be good!)
18. Get a more 'grown-up' job, aka career path
19. Walk along the Great Wall of China
20. Live on my own
21. Travel to ALL SEVEN Continents (or at least fly over Antarctica until I'm old and super rich to afford a cruise there)
22. Follow the Summer (2 or more summers in a row!!)
23. Actually put ALL my photos in albums (and this includes childhood photos that are in boxes and DeMolay/Jobs that have boxes and boxes of!)
24. Learn another language
25. Have a savings account, that actually has SAVINGS in it!
26. Complete a marathon
27. See sports LIVE (Rugby, Tennis, Football/Soccer,etc-in as many Countries as I can!))
28. Read -Fill in All time classics here....
29. Conquer my migraines
30. Learn to sew and quilt (properly)

(Alright, I've filled them all but I could EASILY have come up with 50 more..hmm. maybe I'll just keep going.. and make it 100...or 1000 things to do before I'm 30!)

Hmm. If I had written this a year ago it would've included: Backpack Europe Alone, Live abroad, Read at least 10 books a year... but I've accomplished those and the later isn't inclusive enough to put on a list. I can't put the others on since I didn't write the list before doing it... and after traveling for so long alone it probably doesn't seem like that big a feet to people. And... I can't put some things and places I've always wanted to go/see on the list cuz that to is cheating. Thus, I start the list as of today...July 10, 2008.)

3 comments:

Lena said...

Sounds like a lot to do in 5 years but i'm sure you will be able to get it done.

sarah tangataevaha said...

wow, it is only five years away. so to respond to your questions, we got rid of the camry, so we only have one car. and yes we are trying to have another baby. i have a feeling that i may be pregnant already, but i have to wait until sunday to know for sure. i guess i could buy a pregnancy test, but they are too dang expensive.

Heather said...

WOW, guess I can't do that since 30 is creeping up on me!