Thursday, July 03, 2008

Good 'Ol American Day

Getting in the spirit of 4th of July, I decided to make a cupcake American flag cake with Bella!!

Bella and I made the cupcakes in the morning. (24 regular, 22 red mini, 2 white mini)




I made the frostings while she slept. Got food coloring all over me! heeh, but had fun mixing like crazy!

After picking Tayla up the two of them decorated the mini cupcakes. The RED frosted cupcakes were decorated with RED candies (which are extremely hard to find here -so we added in a few pink) and the BLUE cupcakes are decorated with WHITE (which are even harder to find... like crazy hard) candies for the stars!







Here's what the books shows its supposed to look like and what ours did. The 3-D level view... so you get the full aspect, and a close up!




There just happened to be three mini cupcakes left over for the kids to have after. Oscar made a huge RED MESS while eating his. He looking like a clown, with painted make-up and all!




I was SUPER proud of myself becausee it was a pretty big project to take on for my third ever time baking!! Yet, it wasn't too hard. It turned out alright, I didn't actually try one, I was too sweated out after sampling the dough and candys when I was sorting the colors! Tomorrow, I'll make up for it though and eat a couple!!


Then, I became SUPER MARTHA and made dinner too. I made 'breakfast for dinner!' I made french toast, puffy omlets, and hash browns (ok, those I just put in the oven). And really, Belinda helped with the omlets... but I learned how and was planning on doing it but didn't know how to do that kind. Plus, I put her in charge of the oven cuz I burnt my hand (one finger on each hand, actually!)... but for those that don't know this trick, I just learned it. PUT SARAN WRAP ON A BURN, ITS THE AIR THE MAKES A BURN HURTS. IT REALLY WORKS!! It was cool and very American to have a 'breaky dinner' which I remember eating ALL the time as a kid!

1 comment:

Lena said...

that looks like a lot of fun you had with the kids! Oscar looks like he really enjoyed it too!