Monday, July 21, 2008

Sleep is NOT overrated

Is it normal to lay in bed and not be able to fall asleep. I think I need to start taking my meds earlier. Two of them cause drowsiness but I've always had issues with them affecting me waking up... not falling asleep. So maybe if I take them in the morning (can I remember) I'll be drowsy by night time? Or if I take them at lunch time I'll be drowsy at bed time?

I dunno but this does NOT seem normal. Do most people blog in the middle of the night (after laying in bed for hours and not being able to fall asleep, I resort back to the computer)?

It doesn't matter if I wake up between 8 and 9 (I don't rise much earlier than that! I'm still not able to go to sleep at night. Then I'm just exhausted the next morning....can't fall asleep... this will continue for a few days until I sleep for at least 12 hours...many times more.

I think I'm the only adult that needs between 8-10 hours of sleep a night to be able to function. Seriously, I've ALWAYS had sleep issues. And my bodies clock has always been on a 3 or 4 am to noon thing. Not sure why but that really doesn't help me function in society! That much I know.

Plus, say I've got my sleep under control for a week... I'll get a freakin migraine... and the only thing I do with those is sleep...so then my sleep schedule is all screwed up again. UGH.

Its a never ending cycle in my life! Hmm, now that I think about it, I did talk to my doctor about it. That is why we picked the migraine preventatives we did (to see if they helped with sleep) and they help with migraines (may not seem like it to many people, but I get A LOT less) but the sleep thing is still out of control.

(Anyone from FFJHS remember the play we saw with the song.... "normal, am I normal"-- not sure why but it ALWAYS goes through my head. I'm pretty sure I'm done with puberty and don't need to be thinking about that song!)

I've tried so many different remedies for sleep. This week I'm going to get out of bed at 8 am. (at least M-Th and maybe that willl get me sleepy early. But...we'll see. I am going to have sleep in Friday...cuz that's my favorite day of the week!)

Ok, this is all jibberish so I'm going to turn the computer off and try to fall asleep again. Night night

1 comment:

Unknown said...

bwahahahaha. "Am I Normal." I totally remember that lame play they made us watch! Hilarious!