Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Inspirational

Do you guys remember RAFFI??

I believe that Raffi laid the cornerstone and foundation for ALL childrens performers that have followed him. His music is still amazing. Its ageless and timeless. Its just as fun and relevent today as when we were kids.

I know this because as a preschool teacher the kids loved the wiggles (they had just come out around then) but I wanted to show them music from my childhood so I went and bought Raffi's Box of Sunshine (a 3 cd set, his 5th, 6th, and 7th cds) and they couldn't get enough of the songs.

In London Both Mia and Anna LOVED the songs. The silly ones I would sing...ya brush your teeth, or the ones I could find online (baby beluga, bananphone, etc). They were silly and loved them.

Kids LOVE raffi. Seeing as Bella (and Oscar) love listening to music, I thought what better birthday present....then a RAFFI CD! She'll probably listen to it the first time and think, 'eh, not so great' (does it compare to dora?) but after the second or third time... she will be singing and 'dancing her wiggles out' like every other kid I've ever seen when listening to Raffi. And... speaking of...so will Oscar.

So.. I've decided I'm going to spend a good chunk of money and get her a box set (cuz she'll never get any other of his CDs) for her birthday that's in 3 weeks!!

Is it sad that I'll probably be more excited than she is to have her open her present!!!

I thank my dad for being a crazy and silly kindergarten teacher and always listening to fun and exciting music. He literally had every kid RECORD and/or cd known to man (i swear). There was a reason he was such a great teacher...and I think some of his awesomeness with kids rubbed off on me. I sure love kids, love to be silly, and love to listen to Raffi (among other silly kids music!)

Ok, maybe not so much inspirational to you.. but Raffi has inspired many to follow in his footsteps and does not get the credit he deserves (lots goes to the wiggles who learned from the best!) and so this is my HATS OFF and KUDOS to Raffi for generations of fabulous entertainment. I never thought as an adult I'd love listening to you still!

1 comment:

Lena said...

Raffi rocks!